How to Pin using our tools
Pin Using LinkIt
Find the product you want to pin and click the LinkIt bookmarklet. Choose the photo you want to pin and the board you want to pin it to.
Find out more about the LinkIt Tool here.
Pin Using ShopStyle Collective Search
Search for the product you want to pin, then click on the product cell to open the product detail window, share buttons, and copy link/favorite options.
Edit an Existing Pin
You could edit an existing pin (for example, an outfit photo from your blog), and add your affiliate link to the product in the photo. First use LinkIt to get the affiliate link to the product you want to feature. Then edit the pin in Pinterest to enter the affiliate link in the website field.
Pinterest Best Practices
When using links on any social platform, you should be optimizing for clicks that lead to orders on the retailer's site. With that in mind, here are the best practices to convert Pinterest clicks into sales:
Create original content
- Pin your Instagram photos to drive traffic to your account and watch the repins (and new followers!) roll in
- Share original photography and use your ShopStyle Collective links to earn money from them!
- Share content from your blog
- Link back to your blog and other social channels in your profile. This is an easy way to grow your following on other channels as well
- Edit an existing Pin (for example, an outfit photo from your blog) and attach an affiliate link to a product that’s shown in the photo
- Try making Pinnables to link to your blog posts. Break down your favorite outfit you just blogged about, share each ingredient needed to make your latest cake, or list the top items you’re hoping to pick up
- Pro Tip: Add the Pinnable to your blog post for readers to pin to their own boards!
Create quality content
- Set expectations of what the customer will land on. If they see a Chloe Bag, they should be linking through to that same Chloe bag
- Help potential followers find your pins by adding a thoughtful description. Use keywords that someone searching would use to find a pin like yours
- Taller images will perform better on Pinterest, — they take up more real estate in your feed!
- The best aspect ratio for Pinterest images is 2:3, with a minimum width 735 pixels
- Curalate recently released data that showed that images between 2:3 and 4:5 aspect ratio get 60% more Repins than very tall images
Remember to always follow our FTC guidelines
Please keep in mind:
- Remember that randomly adding links that do not result in any purchases could result in being identified as a fraudulent member. ShopStyle is a partner to help content creators grow their brands and connect them with retailers. People who drive poor quality traffic hurt the community and industry as a whole, so we look to everyone to stick to best practices.
- Monetizing your Pinterest in an excellent supplementary tool to complement your blog widgets and your Instagram Looks & Collections. We do not recommend relying exclusively on Pinterest as your sole tool for monetization.