ShopStyle Collective’s services are only offered in the United States, the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
When you sign up, you will be prompted to select a currency:
- Options include the Australian dollar, Canadian dollar, British pound, Euro, and US dollar.
- No matter the currency of your Collective account, PayPal will auto-convert your payment into the currency selected in your PayPal account. Find out more here.
- Please note that once your account has generated any earnings, the currency cannot be updated.
Select a country:
- Your country should align with your country of residence.
- Please email us if you need to update your payee country.
Regarding your localized product feed:
- Product feeds can be localized to the US, UK, Canada, and Australia. Your product feed may show results in another currency. This is based on how the retailer displays the item. This is not something that can be altered.
- To access a different product feed temporarily:
- select Retailer Country in your Account Settings > Profile > select Retailer Country.
- When it takes you to the "create account" page, make sure to click that you have an account and sign in again.
For European creators:
- Sign up or sign in to your account from shopstylecollective.com or shopstylecollective.co.uk
- There you will be able to access either a US (if on .com) or UK (if on .co.uk) product feed.
- If you wish to access a product feed that will display your items in widgets as EUR please select the option for UK retailers with EUR pricing.
- Please note: When you share links, post widgets, or create Looks the products will display EUR and will send your readers to the retailer’s UK site
- If you’ve chosen UK (GBP) as your feed, your readers will view items in GBP and will be sent to the UK retailer
- If you’ve chosen the US as your feed, then your readers will see items in USD and will be sent to the US retailer
- You can switch feeds at any time, to access a particular product or localized retailer in a particular currency
For users with a global audience:
If a US shopper follows your UK affiliate link to a site that switches based on location, it may break tracking. This varies based on the retailer and is more likely to happen when the retailer has different catalogs per country.
Recommended: Use the localized product catalog that captures the majority of your shopping audience.
Alternatively, you are also welcome to switch between product catalogs and offer different links based on location.