About Instagram's Swipe Up feature
Make sure you have a Verified Instagram Account or meet these two requirements:
- Make sure that your Instagram account is a business account. You can easily make this conversion in your Instagram settings
- Get a following of 10K. This is the current threshold set by Instagram. You don't need the blue check of verification to use links in IG stories, you just have to meet the above criteria
You can find out more about Instagram's requirements for this here!
Create & Share
Monetize Instagram Stories by adding an affiliate link!
- Locate the product on the ShopStyle Collective app
- Tap "Copy Link" and share to Instagram Stories
- Learn great tips here!
Save For Later & Shop
When your followers Swipe Up, they will see a product to save for later, allowing them to email the product to themselves or open the retailer page right then.
While the Swipe Up feature has vastly improved how you can monetize your Instagram Story, we wanted to improve it to better engage with your viewers and encourage links that lead to sales!
PPC Influencer Information
If you are a PPC influencer, use the Swipe Up Product Page to better encourage your featured products to convert to sales.
The swipe up product page presents the option to your audience to view now or have the link sent to their inbox to view later.
- Whether they choose to 'Buy Now' or 'Save for Later,' you'll earn click commission when they view the item on the retailer's site
- Instagram provides metrics for to show when a user has reached the Swipe Up Product Page and ShopStyle provides metrics for when a user views the item on the retailer's site (whether it's now or later)--these are two different metrics
- It's in place to protect your conversion rate. Stories can be a place to get tons of views, but if you get thousands of views and one order, that denominator is super high and your conversion rate will be very low
- The Swipe Up Product Page encourages high-intent shoppers and helps maintain your conversion rate