To maintain FTC standards, here are best practices to follow when promoting any ShopStyle Collective affiliate content as well as sponsored content. Per our Terms & Conditions, you must adhere to FTC guidelines and disclose any time you use our tools, as failure to do so may result in termination of your ShopStyle Collective account and you may forfeit your earnings.
Each post using our tools, as well as any paid campaigns, must include a clear disclosure. Below are examples on how to do so. By following these guidelines and disclosing the relationship between ShopStyle, Merchant, and you, a viewer of your posts can decide how much weight to give your endorsement.
Types of Disclosures:
- Facebook: #Sponsored, #Promotion, #PaidAd, #ad, #affiliatelink
- Instagram: #Sponsored, #Promotion, #PaidAd, #ad, #affiliatelink
- Blog post: “I get commission for purchases or clicks made through links in this post.”
- Pinterest: #Sponsored, #Promotion, #PaidAd, #ad, #affiliatelink
Best practices to follow for your disclosures:
- Disclosures must be next to the content to which it relates to; a viewer should not need to scroll to view the disclosure
- Disclosures must be in a font of the same size as the rest of your post
- Disclosures must be obvious, not buried in a long paragraph of unrelated text or hashtags
- Disclosures should be visible every place the post appears, not only be accessible by clicking a hyperlink such as your Bio or About Me page
- Always disclose if a brand sent you products for free. e.g: Jumpsuit ℅ Revolve, etc...