- A Look is a shoppable image that allows your audience to view and purchase products featured on your Instagram feed
- Multiple Looks create a Collection
- As always, be sure to only monetize original content that you've created or own the rights to. Learn more here
- Each Look will also be added to your ShopShop Shop (on ShopStyle.com)
Each Look, or individual image, expands to provide shoppable, detailed content. Multiple Looks created a Collection, which you can embed on your blog. Here's what the detail state of a Look looks like:
Here's what your Shop Page on ShopStyle.com looks like:
- If you have a blog, add multiple Looks to the same Collection, embed the Collection code on your blog, and share your blog shop page in your Instagram bio!
- If you don't have a blog, share the URL to your Shop my Looks page as hosted on shopstyle.com (skip step 2 below if so!)
Step 1: Create a Look
Start here then upload your image
- Upload an image for your Look immediately or later. Make sure it's bigger than 640x640 pixels and that you to use original photography.
- Use Lists or our search feature to add products. Select Add to Look and toggle Exact Item on whenever possible!
- View the Estimated Commission of items
- Delete items using the image previews on the left-hand side of your screen.
Add the details!
- Write a caption, add hashtags, add to your Collection (if you plan to embed on your blog), and share to social! Captions appear on your ShopStyle Shop page.
- Recommended: add a caption, hashtags, and arrange your product photos to help with syndication and searchability. And, if you’re sharing your Look to Pinterest, you can add hashtags like #shopthelook to make it even easier to find your Pins!
Share to Social & Assign to a Collection
- Create a Shop the Look Pin on Pinterest.
- Share in a Post via Twitter, Facebook or Pinterest (different than Shop the Look).
- Add to a Collection.
- View on your ShopStyle Shop.
Step 2: Create a Collection
- Assign Looks to a Collection and embed onto your blog. Learn how to do this here!
- Note: You'll only need to create or embed a Collection in you're monetizing on your blog. If you're using your ShopStyle Shop, just create Looks and learn more below under Sharing without a Blog
Step 3: Share with your Instagram followers
Sharing using your blog:
Here's an example of a blog leading to the blog's Collection page, called Shop my Instagram.
Images via Atlantic Pacific
Sharing without a blog
Whether you have a blog or not, you may want to share Looks in other ways.
- Create Looks. No need for assigning to a Collection or creating/embedding Collections!
- These Looks will auto-generate onto your ShopStyle Shop page!
- Share your ShopStyle Shop page as hosted on shopstyle.com in your instagram bio. Find out more about your ShopStyle Shop here!
- Learn more here: How can I use my ShopStyle Shop to monetize Instagram?
Images via Atlantic Pacific
Read our best practices and tips for Looks here!
Pro tip: Learn how to utilize Lists to build Looks here!