When using links on any social platform, you should be optimizing for clicks that lead to orders on the retailer's site. With that in mind, here are the best practices to convert Pinterest clicks into sales:
Strategy For Distribution:
- The best strategy for distribution is:
- Saving (repinning) to multiple boards
- Having descriptive board titles
- Utilizing pin descriptions and hashtags
- Pinterest recommends saving 10-12 Pins per day rather than 70 Pins once a week
- Utilize a scheduling tool (i.e. Tailwind, Curalate, etc) to create a consistent flow of Pins over a week’s span rather than posting everything at once
- Save (Pin) content during peak times: nights and weekends
- Plan to start saving (Pinning) relevant content for trends, holidays, etc to your boards around 45 days in advance
- Keep your boards well organized on your profile
- Pinterest shares three tips for naming boards:
- Make sure they’re specific and relevant to your audience
- Avoid adding extra spaces between letters
- Don’t forget to fill in the broad category, it helps people find you
- Be descriptive and use frequently searched keywords like “Outfits” to be discovered
- Add in a board description with keywords that describe the Pins within that board
- The same pin can live on more than one board for increased exposure
- Save (Pin) content to multiple boards both broad and specific
- For example: Saving a Pin to a broad category board (i.e. Women’s Fashion) as well as a more specific product board (i.e. Leather Jackets)
- Don’t delete any of your old boards or pins. These have the most “signal”. Rather than deleting, keep saving to those boards to utilize their influence.
- It’s helpful to continue to use a single board with a longer history, rather than to create several newer boards with shorter histories
- When people click a Pin they expect to be taken to a landing page so they can learn more about your idea. Use your ShopStyle links to monetize your influence
- Always include a link as Pins that lead to 404 pages or have broken links will be penalized
- Include the save button on your blog or website. Pinterest states that it increases saves up to 5x by making it easier, faster and more intuitive for people to save your content
- The best aspect ratio for Pinterest images is 2:3, with a minimum width 735 pixels
- Curalate recently released data that showed that images between 2:3 and 4:5 aspect ratio get 60% more Repins than very tall images
- Utilize Article Rich Pins which show a headline, author and story description to increase views to your blog
Create original content:
- Pin your Instagram photos to drive traffic to your account and watch the repins (and new followers!) roll in
- Share original photography and use your ShopStyle Collective links to earn money from them!
- Share content from your blog
- Link back to your blog and other social channels in your profile. This is an easy way to grow your following on other channels as well
- Edit an existing Pin (for example, an outfit photo from your blog) and attach an affiliate link to a product that’s shown in the photo
- Try making Pinnables to link to your blog posts. Break down your favorite outfit you just blogged about, share each ingredient needed to make your latest cake, or list the top items you’re hoping to pick up
- Pro Tip: Add the Pinnable to your blog post for readers to pin to their own boards!
Remember to always follow our FTC guidelines
Please keep in mind:
- Remember that randomly adding links that do not result in any purchases could result in being identified as a fraudulent member. ShopStyle is a partner to help content creators grow their brands and connect them with retailers. People who drive poor quality traffic hurt the community and industry as a whole, so we look to everyone to stick to best practices.
- Monetizing your Pinterest in an excellent supplementary tool to complement your blog widgets and your Instagram Looks & Collections. We do not recommend relying exclusively on Pinterest as your sole tool for monetization.