- Save content during peak times: evenings and weekends
- Use the explore tab on Pinterest to see what’s trending and apply it to your content
- Use these best practices when naming your boards:
- Make sure names are specific and relevant to your audience
- Avoid extra spaces between letters and words
- Don’t forget to fill in the board category, it helps people find your content
- Save Pins consistently throughout the week rather than all at once to maintain a steady content flow for maximum engagement. You can utilize a scheduling tool, like Tailwind, to make this easier. *Use our exclusive link for a month trial with Tailwind.
- Add the Save button on your blog or website. It increases saves up to 5x by making it easier, faster, and more intuitive for your audience to save your content on your behalf.
- Turn your fashion and home Looks into Shop The Look Pins. This is an exciting way for you to monetize Pinterest and allows your audience to shop the products they see in your Pins.
- Don’t delete any of your old boards or Pins since existing information and past engagement help Pinterest better understand your content. Rather than deleting, keep saving to those boards to utilize their influence. It’s more beneficial to continue to use a single board with a longer history, rather than create several newer boards with shorter histories.
- Update your profile to a business account and claim your website.
- Save the same Pins to multiple boards with categories both broad & specific for increased exposure.
- Turn on Showcase to feature your top five boards at the top of your Pinterest profile. Include your Shop The Look board in Showcase as well!
Remember to always follow our FTC guidelines
Please keep in mind:
- Remember that randomly adding links that do not result in any purchases could result in being identified as a fraudulent member. ShopStyle is a partner to help content creators grow their brands and connect them with retailers. People who drive poor quality traffic hurt the community and industry as a whole, so we look to everyone to stick to best practices.
- Monetizing your Pinterest in an excellent supplementary tool to complement your blog widgets and your Instagram Looks & Collections. We do not recommend relying exclusively on Pinterest as your sole tool for monetization.