- You can find product-level commission information by clicking Product Details on any item within Search, or while creating Looks and Product Widgets.
- Your estimated commission on any given product on ShopStyle Collective is based on the commission you would receive if one of your readers purchased this exact item within the retailer’s cookie window.
- That being said, you will still receive commissions even if your reader purchases another item(s) from this retailer via your link.
- This may include the exact product you featured or other items. Reporting for these other items will be shown under the link your audience clicked through on.
Analytics for your Products Linked
- In your Analytics and Payments, you'll see Product Linked as a category. This will be the product you linked to that sparked a shopping trip.
- Retailers are unable to provide further insight into a user's shopping trip, beyond sharing what affiliate link started the shopping trip.
Here's an example:
- You share a link to an Everlane top, with an estimated commission of $12.75
- When you see this link in your Commission Table, you see a commission of $15.00
- Anything your shoppers buy through your affiliate content will appear under the item that sparked the trip
- In this case, the shopper could have bought something more expensive or multiple items
What’s a cookie window?
Cookies are used by websites to store information and track a user’s actions. So, for example, when your readers click on an affiliate link, they are “cookied” and that cookie includes tracking data from your affiliate account as a referral partner, retailer information, the date of the click, and product information. The length of time a user is tracked or “cookied” is called a cookie window. In regards to affiliate marketing, retailers can have different cookie windows. A typical cookie window can range anywhere from 7-30 days.
Always remember the last cookie wins! So the more you use links and the more you engage with your audience across multiple platforms, the more likely you are to get credit for any purchases.
Where can I view my commissions?
In our continual effort to provide you with transparent data to optimize your earnings, we’ll display estimated commissions at a product level within search as well as a list of advertiser rates so you can make the best choice when deciding what to feature. You will be able to see all conversions and orders directly in your dashboard. As we continue to update the platform, we’ll notify you about even more robust analytics related to your commissions.
Why might commission values change?
You may see the estimated commission value change to be higher or lower, depending on a few factors including: the price change of an item (e.g., if it goes on sale) or the retailer’s rate at the given period of time.