ShopStyle Collective’s Favorites product feature is ONLY intended for US-based influencers, audiences, and shoppers and is only accessible in the US-based dashboard. This feature is not supported in other regions or countries at this time.
Favorites on Product Widgets allow your audience to send their favorite items from your product widgets directly to their inbox to either shop later or be alerted of any sales. This feature is available for US influencers and their shoppers.
How do Favorites work for those who set an alert from my product widgets?
- A shopper clicks on the ♥ Set Sale Alert to favorite an item from one of your product widgets.
- A modal will pop-up where they will enter an email address or use their ShopStyle account (this doesn’t force anyone to create a ShopStyle.com account). Here, they can sign up for optional communications from you, as well.
- Within 30 minutes, the shopper will receive an email collecting all of their recently favorited items from your blog or site that can be conveniently shopped directly from their inbox with your affiliate links.
- When any Favorites go on sale--the shopper will receive a follow-up email alerting them of the price drop.
- If the shopper is already a ShopStyle user, all of their Favorites can be managed in their ShopStyle.com account here.
Create Favorites on Product Widgets
How do I turn on the Favorites feature?
1. Create a Product Widget as usual, and make sure the new “Favorites” feature is checked.
- During the creation flow, under the “Customize” step, you’ll see this feature already activated for your new products widgets but have the option to toggle it on or off
- Remember to select your Favorite display style from the label and icon drop-down
- These preferences will be saved
2. Embed your product widget as you normally would on your blog or website. The “Favorites” functionality will activate within the product widget for your audience.
3. Afterward, download the email addresses of those who signed up for your newsletter and other communication from your Account Settings. (You can customize your sign-up prompt and turn off email collection from your Account Settings, as well.)
Set Up Email Collection
What is the email collection?
- When a person favorites an item and sets a sale alert, they will have the option to sign-up for communication from an influencer (you) by ticking a checkbox.
- We will capture the emails for those who opt-in for this and allow you to download the list from within the Collective dashboard under Account Settings.
- This feature is disabled by default, and you can toggle it on under Account Settings. You will be required to enter a prompt, as well.
Can I disable the email collection?
- Yes, you can easily untick the checkbox under Account Settings if you prefer not to collect email addresses.
How do I download the email list?
- You can find the email list available as a .CSV file under Account Settings. The file has been formatted to work with most email services. As more people sign-up, we will continue adding to the list.
- Because emails are sensitive information, you will be prompted with the following warning before you can proceed to download the file:
You are about to download all email addresses for individuals who opted-in to receive communication from your brand when they set a sale alert via a product widget on your blog or website. The CSV file is formatted to work with most email marketing platforms. By downloading this list, you agree to comply with all applicable laws relating to email marketing and privacy, including, but not limited to, managing unsubscribes.
Customize Your Favorites Email
How can I update the name and photo attached to my email?
- The name displayed in the header of the email for favorites created is the same as your "Blog Shop Name." If this is missing, we use your handle or username (the same as the one on your profile).
- Both of these can be edited or adjusted under in your ShopStyle Collective dashboard under Account Settings.
How can I add Favorites to the Product Widgets I already have?
Under Account Settings > Favorites, you will find a default option that allows you to update all previously created Product Widgets easily.
The default state will be applied to all Product Widgets that have not yet had Favorites applied to them, so now you can quickly toggle on the feature.
What is the benefit?
As an influencer:
- Make more money with a new revenue channel--earn commissions from emails for favorites embedded with your affiliate links.
- Connect and communicate with your audience by collecting email addresses.
- Extend your reach with your audience on product widgets and in their inbox.
For my audience:
- Favorite products you like, receive an email and shop from your inbox at your convenience.
- Get alerts and save money when prices drop for your favorite products.
- Connect with your favorite influencers by signing-up for communication from them.
- Bonus:Manage all of your favorites on ShopStyle.com here if you already have a ShopStyle account. No need to worry if you don’t have one yet. If you sign-up to ShopStyle.com later using the same e-mail address you have been using for the Favorites feature, we will be able to populate everything you have been favoriting.