“Shop all the products featured in my video on ShopStyle by clicking this link!”
YouTube influencers can easily help their viewers find products featured in videos with a single link using ShopStyle Collective’s Video Looks feature. View this Video Look!
Add YouTube cards with affiliate content to your video:
Use one simple link to your Shop Page to share all products:
Image via Sophia and Cinzia
What is a Video Look?
A single link will direct to a landing page where users can shop all of the products from your video, while watching your video.
Why are they useful?
They increase conversion, drive more revenue, and make it easy for viewers to shop products all in one place. In addition:
- Increase revenue by seamlessly monetize videos via affiliate revenue.
- Generate more video views, YouTube ad revenue, and get featured on ShopStyle.com trend pages with exposure to 10M+ monthly users.
- Earn an additional 15% commission during the holiday season.
How do I use them?
Similar to image-based Looks, you simply need to select an original video after authorizing your YouTube account via your Collective dashboard. You can then add products to the Video Look and publish as normal. Link to them from embedded YouTube video link cards in your videos (YouTube Partner Program members), or the description (everyone).
Once published, a unique page will be created for each Video Look on ShopStyle.com that hosts an embedded version of your YouTube video along with all the selected products featured in the video (with affiliate links that allow you to continue generating revenue). Here viewers can both watch the YouTube video in its entirety and shop featured products on a single page. To help audiences discover more, your profile or “Shop” page on ShopStyle.com already exists and features a library of all published image-based and video-based Looks.
Creating a Video Look
1. Create a new Look per usual and select the Video option.
2. Select an owned YouTube video from the dropdown. You will need to sign-into YouTube during your initial Video Look creation.
3. Once selected, a default thumbnail will be populated.
- We encourage you to upload your own relevant and custom thumbnail as this will be used on your ShopStyle Shop and Collections. The cover image for your video works best here.
4. Select products from our catalog to be added to your Video Look.
5. Enter details for your Video Look. Details entered here will be used on your Look page on ShopStyle.com.
6. Once published, your Video Look page will automatically be created on ShopStyle.com and you will be presented with the unique link. Remember, this Video Look page on ShopStyle.com contains your embedded YouTube video with all select products displayed next to it.
- If you are in the YouTube Partner Program, this is the time to verify your ShopStyle Shop either from the share page or via your Account Settings > Site Verification. Verification can only happen after you’ve signed-into YouTube from the Collective dashboard.
- From our share page, use the unique link to to create a YouTube video link card or add to your video’s description.
- Additionally, add your Video Look to a Collection or share across other social media platforms. Video Looks added to a Collection will NOT host an embedded video, but instead will use your thumbnail to display the Look.
Influencers already in the YouTube Partner Program have access to creating “video link cards” that appear directly in their video content and allow them to link out verified websites and owned properties. ShopStyle Collective allows YouTube influencers to verify they own their ShopStyle.com Shop and associated Look pages with a few short steps. Using the unique ShopStyle link, influencers can create a card directing their audience to their Video Look pages. Those not in the YouTube Partner Program can similarly use their unique links in the description of the video. In this case, learn more here!
To verify that you own the Shop page and associated Looks on ShopStyle.com, you must:
1. Have signed-into YouTube during the Video Look creation process
2. Head to Account Settings > Site Verification to see the necessary steps.
3. When you go the Google Search Console (https://search.google.com/search-console/welcome), make to select the URL Prefix option. Enter your Shop URL as provided in the dashboard (there is a “Copy” action to help you). Make sure you’re also using the appropriate top-level domain (e.g. com, .co.uk, co.jp) for your shop.
4. Make sure you’ve selected HTML Tag from the verification options. A HTML Download option is also available that your do NOT want.
5. When you get the code, all you need to enter is the content string of characters. So that means—
For example (make sure to use your own actual code—this is just an example)
Google gives you: <meta name="google-site-verification" content="AL16kOiTkwJ1ICCHvfsxDC_Vz23ULcTe3VUEnKUsN0E" />
BUT only paste the following in the Collective dashboard: AL16kOiTkwJ1ICCHvfsxDC_Vz23ULcTe3VUEnKUsN0E
6. Make sure to hit “Submit” in the Collective dashboard and you should see green text confirming it’s been saved.
7. Remember you have to back to the Google Search Console and hit “Verify” under the HTML Tag section. There may be a delay of up to maybe 30 minutes before verification will work in the Google Console. Keep trying every few minutes until it works.
*Remember, you must be part of the YouTube Partner Program to verify your ShopStyle pages.
What does a YouTube video link card look like?
- A member of the YouTube Partner Program can add up to 5 video link cards to a single video.
- An uploader can pick the specific time(s) for links to appear at through the duration of the video.
- For the time you set for each to appear, a little pop-up shows up in the top right-hand corner with the selected text (“Shop all the bits here!”).
- When a viewer clicks, they will see all of the video link cards set for the video!
- Even when the text goes away, there’s a little “I” in the top right-hand corner that appears on hover and a viewer can click on at any point during the video which will show the links.
- Educate your audience! Let your viewers know that your video cards are shoppable! Share and direct them to your ShopStyle Shop link in your description to shop the entire video.
- If you are part of the YouTube Partner Program, create video link cards that link directly to your Video Look hosted on ShopStyle.com.
- Add the cover image as the graphic for your video link cards.
- Use the image of the product you’re talking about in the video for each link (but keep linking to your same ShopStyle Shop page).
- Use the Video Look link in your video descriptions and cut out the clutter of multiple links. Even if you use video link cards, add the Video Look link in your description, for better coverage.
- Call out the Video Look landing page in your video so your audience knows that they can view and shop at the same time from a single link. If you are using video link cards, point and suggest to click the card in your video (“Shop all the products featured in my video on ShopStyle by clicking this link!”), otherwise remind your audience to click the single link for a new shopping experience in your description (“Shop all the products featured in my video on ShopStyle by clicking the single link below!”).
- If videos are your main content type, link directly to your Video Look hosted on ShopStyle.com from your other social platforms.