- Clicks appear within 24-48 hours
- Orders appear within 3-5 days after the order was placed
Net Sales represents the amount of sales you send to a retailer, including returns, but excluding taxes and shipping. Most retailers confirm orders within 90 days, but there are exceptions and you may see some transactions taking longer to confirm.
- Keep an eye on this number for insights into your product, brand, category, and retailer performance
- The better your Net Sales are, the better your chances of landing retailer campaigns
Net Earnings are your total earnings minus returns. This is calculated as commission from Net Sales (commission varies by retailer) minus ShopStyle's share. These are confirmed earnings. Most retailers confirm orders within 90 days, but there are exceptions and you may see some transactions taking longer to confirm.
- Use Net Earnings to get a clear understanding of how much you actually earn off of your content
Clicks & Orders
The number of clicks and orders reported during the selected time frame.
The number of clicks that convert into sales. The higher the conversion rate, the better.
- This number is a good way to gauge how much of your traffic is buying versus window shopping
- It's a great way to assess how your product referrals are connecting with the whole of your audience
Average Order Value (AOV) is calculated as Net Sales divided by the number of orders. It reflects the average amount your audience is spending on items, by product link, retailer, and brand. A high AOV shows that you are sending high-value customers to retailers and brands.
- This data point provides insight into where your readers shop, as well as what price point they shop at
- Using AOV, you can target your content to match your audience's budget and preferences. For example, if your audience has an AOV from Nordstrom of less than $100, you might not expect a $980 Gucci purse to perform as well.
- Knowing how much money you have historically driven to brands allows you to enrich your media kit. Make sure to include this attention-grabbing statistic
Note: We will always publish the full commission rate on our Stores page. Please remember that commission rates often come in at a range and that we always publish the highest possible amount. As retailers frequently have special rates or exclusions on categories, brands, sale items, and more, we’ll do our best to make sure you are aware of these special rates and exclusions. Due to the volume of retailers and frequent rate changes, though, it’s possible that we may miss a change here or there. We are always working to improve!
Don't miss our Best Practices
Gross vs Net
As part of our mission to share the most transparent data available, you have the option to view your data in Gross or Net in your Analytics Overview. This will default to Net.
- Gross describes the total before expenses, taxes, and deductions.
- Net describes the total after all expenses, taxes, and deductions have been taken into account.